The FLYSURFER ‘SPEED’ is a legend. Just in time for the 10th anniversary of this success story, we present the SPEED5 in an entirely new technical design. As an excellent all-round kite the SPEED5 convinces with agile turning and improved performance. The perfect choice for (almost) every kiter!
Sizes 6.0, 9.0, 12.0, 15.0 & 18.0 m2 are available now. 21.0 m2 will follow!
Access all Areas
The SPEED5 is the best kite system for the highest all-round performance on any terrain and for every ability level. The SPEED5 is a true multi-talent on the water. This big-air and hang time giant also convinces through its characteristics as a chilled cruiser and a simple re-launcher. On land, the SPEED5 is the first choice for freestyle kite land boarders and buggy-kiters. The strong material and its robust construction is ideal even for your roughest sessions. The SPEED5 is a safe companion for snowkiting. Even in gusty conditions its stability and reliable performance allows pure stoke.
Range of Use
Combining all strengths of its forerunner with the newest features, the SPEED5 offers an incredible range of use, from low-end to strong winds, making it suitable for both rookies and experienced riders. High stability, effortless steering, easy relaunch and a strong depower enable the SPEED5 to be extra controllable and thus very safe. The ideal kite for both rookies and experts. The SPEED5 offers the largest wind range of all FLYSURFER products. Due to its impressive depower and its refined construction it performs reliably in wind conditions ranging from low-end to strong winds. In general, FLYSURFER Kiteboarding products are well known for their high performance in low wind conditions. The SPEED5 joins these footsteps and shows a solid performance and fun factor from 8 knots onwards.
The development team emphasized on easy handling of the SPEED5. The result is a fast set-up, effortless steering and riding as well as easy launching and landing. The power builds up comfortably, the depower is progressive and no effort is needed for steering, which makes the SPEED5 very comfortable to ride. Unpacking and launching of the SPEED5 is simple and fast. Launching can be done independently. This results in a relaxed and fast setup, which leaves more time for your session. The relaunch capability of the SPEED5 is outstanding – even in the lowest wind conditions, water relaunch is no problem.
The development team emphasized easy handling of the SPEED5. The result is a fast set-up, effortless steering and riding as well as easy launching and landing. Because of its steady increase of lift, take-offs and high controllable jumps are made easy. An aspect ratio of 6.15 in combination with an optimized profile and rigid-foils increase the glide ratio. In comparison to the SPEED4 this results in a stronger kick, increased jumping height, hang time and an even slightly better upwind performance. The faster and more precise turning of the SPEED5 makes its use a blast.
FLYSURFER’s virtue is to enable customers to travel light and comfortably. For that reason the SPEED5 has light and small packaging. The light weight allows easy transportation – whether it is for your adventure holidays or business trips. In addition, the kite bag features enough space for even more kites.
- DLX+ Cloth – The DLX+ cloth is FLYSURFER’s newest cloth material and has exclusively been developed for the SPEED5. Its base fabric is stronger and with improved air density due to optimized coating. This prolongs the durability and resistance of the canopy to aging. Additionally the cloth features shiny fresh colors.
- Strong Construction – The new internal construction raises the quality of FLYSURFER foil kites to a new level. Double-stitched seams and extra taped ribs and straps provide even more stability.
- Automatic Drainage System – Our reliable drainage system is integrated into the canopy of the SPEED5. Openings that are about the size of a hand are located on both ends of the trailing edge near the tips. They allow water and sand to be drained automatically, without influencing the performance of the kite.
- Triple Depower Technology
- Depowering by pushing away the bar, modifies the angle of attack
- The second depower option on the SPEED5 involves the adaptive canopy curve. By simply moving the bar, the kite bridle gradually modifies the canopy curve of the kite and thus influences the power of the kite
- Through modification of the mixer the airfoil camber adjusts to the wind conditions. For light winds a bulbous airfoil camber is beneficial whereas a flat airfoil camber is best for strong winds.
- LIROS Dyneema Lines – FLYSURFER Kiteboarding trusts in the lines of LIROS that are produced in Germany with a high quality standard. Thanks to their strong Dyneema core fibers, a reduced line diameter is possible while maintaining equal breaking strength.
- Optional 5th Line – By default the SPEED5 is equipped with a Front Line Safety (FLS). For sympathizers of the fifth line safety system, we have developed a Full Depower Safety (FDS) upgrade-kit, which is available in the FLYSURFER online-shop or at a dealer.
- Double Cordwise Ballooning – The Double Cordwise Ballooning technology ensures the canopy inflates into the designed 3D shape. This means that exact calculations of profiles and seams are implemented, minimizing creases in the cells and therefore ensuring the optimum in aerodynamics, glide ratio and low-end performance.
- Rigid Foil Technology (RFT) – The Rigid Foil Technology reduces wrinkles in the cloth on the leading edge. This results in reduced aerodynamic drag and thus increasing the lift of the kite. As a result, the kite translates every gust of wind into propulsion without deforming the canopy. Over all, the RFT increases the kite dynamics while maintaining a light weight and a small in pack size.
- Uniform Bar Setup – Our Infinity 3.0 Control Bar system is designed to be used on all FLYSURFER kites. It is only necessary to ensure that the stopper knot is set to the longest FLS position of the kite of choice.
- Workmanship – Each cloth, each line and each component has been tested extensively by Flysurfer. We constantly create more work for ourselves in order to guarantee pure worry-free kiting fun. When it comes to materials and components, we always go for quality and functionality over price.
- 12 month Free Repair Warranty by FLYSURFER – More details can be found here: http://www.flysurfer.com/support/free-repair/
|Kite||SPEED5 6.0||SPEED5 9.0||SPEED5 12.0||SPEED5 15.0||SPEED5 18.0||SPEED5 21.0|
|weight in kg (=canopy + complete bridle + mixer)||1,62||2,22||2,74||3,00||3,46||3,94|
|Depth of the profile (cm)||113||139||160||179||196||212|
|Span in cm (flat size)||608||744||860||961||1053||1137|
|Line length (m)||21||21||21||21||21||21|
Windrange in knots
The Wind Range Chart is to be used as a point of reference. It is based on a rider who weighs around 75kg (165lbs.) Actual use will vary depending on your weight, skill level, board size and the wind conditions on the Water or Land. When choosing the Kite size always use common sense and always choose a smaller size if you are not sure, especially when using the kite on land.
*Kitelandboard Board and soft ground decline the lowend for more than 2 knts.
|Size||Colour||Price Kite Only|
The package includes:
- 1x Speed 5 kite
- 1x Accessory Kit (Depower line and additional replacement parts)
- 2x Gear Guides (Kite & Bar separately)
- 1x Speed 5 Bag
- 12 month Free Repair Warranty by Flysurfer